Saint John contributes to several community ministries in Griffin and invites you to join us in serving with them.
- Thanksgiving Meal Ministry: Each year Saint John hosts a meal ministry on Thanksgiving morning. Joining with many other congregations and volunteers from the community, we prepare and deliver over 1600 dinners to residents in Spalding, Pike and Lamar counties.
- Five Loaves and Two Fish Food Pantry 409 W Solomon St. Hours: Monday and Wednesday, 2-4 pm; Tuesday and Thursday, 10-noon, 5-6 pm; Saturday, 10 am to noon.
- Abundant Life Soup Kitchen provides lunches on weekdays at Rising Star Missionary Baptist Church, 132 W Cherry Street.
- Spalding Samaritans: meets in the Hope Health Clinic and food pantry building, 409 W Solomon St. Requests for utility assistance are received on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 1 pm. Applicants are required to have photo identification, current bill, contact number.
- Backpack Food for Kids: We contribute to Spalding Collaborative to provide nutritious, child-friendly meals for children at risk of food insufficiency over the weekends.
- Atlanta Hunger Walk: Each year we participate in this 5K walk/run to raise money for Lutheran Services of Georgia and to fight hunger in Atlanta and the Griffin community.
- Waypoint Veterans Center: Located at 232 East Broad St., this ministry brings all veteran-related services to individuals and their families. We provide food and hygiene supplies for the center.
The following groups use our facilities and receive support from our congregation:
- Primary Purpose AA meets Sunday at 5:30 pm, Monday and Tuesday at 7 pm, Saturday and Sunday at 5:30 pm
- Griffin Lions Club